The Society for Agropreneurship and Agribusiness (SOFAAG) was founded by the Institute of Classic Entrepreneurs in order to stimulate strategic thinking across the full spectrum of the agropreneurship and agribusiness food chain. Today, SOFAAG is a vibrant association with members from all 36 states of the federation and FCT comprising:
• World's foremost academics and researchers studying the entrepreneurship and agribusiness management.
• Corporate and industry association executives spanning all aspects of the global food chain
• Top agriculture, business, entrepreneurship and agribusiness students from the universities, polytechnics and colleges of education and agriculture in Nigeria
• Influential policymakers and representatives from government and non-governmental organizations
• Membership is free and for persons of 18 years and above.
• Every Nigerian farmer is eligible for membership.
• Budding agropreneurs or those wishing to be one are also eligible.
• Registration at State branch is a prerequisite for membership of SOFAAG on recommendation by State Chairman.
• Young persons below 18 years of age will only attend SOFAAG meetings as observers.
SOFAAG has members in all the 36 states and FCT of Nigeria:
• Leading business executives
• University, polytechnic and colleges departments, libraries, researchers, educators, administrators
• Top graduate and undergraduate agribusiness students
• National and international policymakers
• Non-governmental organizations and consumer groups
• Among others
SOFAAG is volunteer driven and provides the following ongoing opportunities: SOFAAG Chapters, meet throughout the year to discuss food and agribusiness issues important to their particular local cities, regions, countries or hemisphere. Chapters are currently active in all the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
Through its conference programs, publications and ongoing initiatives, SOFAAG provides opportunities for professional development for even the most experienced members. However, what makes SOFAAG distinct is its focus on the professional growth of the food and agribusiness students who belong to SOFAAG.
SOFAAG’s primary activities include the publication of a top-ranked journal, the Journal of Entrepreneurship Education and Management Science (JEEMS) published 3 times a year and the SOFAAG Annual Conference, which features a Student Case Competition, Academic Symposium and National Forum where industry, scholars and students gather to discuss seminal issues in food and agribusiness management.
For more information email email@example.com or 09037625524 .
SOFAAG aims to enhance its members’ capacity to excel at agropreneurship and agricultural business management. Effective science-based decision-making is developed through discussions, debate, and careful deliberations among peers. Through these, members discover the multidimensionality of their common issues, draw connections to broader themes and develop solutions which enhance collective competitiveness. .