Identify, nurture and develop the next generation of professionals in agropreneurship and agribusiness, and provide structured opportunities for industry to identify and recruit the most- talented candidates for careers in agropreneurship and agribusiness management.
Generate leading edge research and insight to provide thought leadership to the agropreneurship and agribusiness community, while ensuring curricula and research are focused on critical issues facing the industry today and in the future.
Bring together current and future agribusiness, academic, and government leaders along with other industry stakeholders to improve the strategic focus, transparency, sustainability, and responsiveness of the global food and agribusiness system.
• Agriculture is entrepreneurially challenged and there is declining agri-food firm profitability
• Education, experience, and partnering are required.
• Support new agro-venture creation
• Assist in development of both new agribusinesses and new products/services, processes and technology, capabilities and competencies, supply chain relationships, and markets
• Assist in finding alternatives to commodity production, e.g., value-added and/or non-food uses of agricultural produce
• Foster sustainable rural development
• Build capacities needed to create new ventures by agropreneurs
• Establish an entrepreneurial support community in assisting new agricultural venture creation