• Build essential cognitive skills such as reasoning, critical thinking, communication and team building.
• Build leadership, entrepreneurship and employment readiness skills while instilling an increased sense of self-confidence.
• Develop awareness of personal challenges that could derail plans, such as health, personal safety and civic rights and develop methods to ‘stay on track’.
• Cultivate and nurture ‘change agents’ mindsets that encourage youth to improve their communities through‘pay-it-forward’ projects.
• Support youth in developing personal and career goals and creating action plans supporting those goals.
• Develop personal and business financial skills including personal savings and budgeting and project budgeting.
• Prepare youth for the increasingly global, 21st century marketplace by fostering cross-cultural awareness and professional collaboration between Nigerian and African youth.
• Increase youth’s understanding of entrepreneurship concepts.
• Help youth develop new small-enterprise business plans , marketing plans , sales pitches and financial plans ready to present to investors.
• Encourage and assist youth in exploring small-enterprise funding options, including loans and grants.
The YELEAP offers:
• A systems approach taking into account the interaction of complex systems and decision-making
• A neutral, impartial, independent and confidential working environment for clients addressing real-time governance challenges
• Access to a network of leading thinkers on governance, with domestic and global expertise in the government, private and non-profit sectors, as well as Indigenous and other governance areas
• Access to research and development resources to enable clients to apply leading-edge practices
We focus on assisting public purpose organisations including governments, public agencies, crown corporations, communities and the non-profit sector to improve their governance.
• Undertakes policy-relevant research
• Provides advisory services to a wide array of organisations on strengthening governance practices including strategic planning, evaluation and assessment for programs, organisational structure and process, accountability and performance reporting
• Provides professional development and capacity building through courses in governance and public administration by assisting in the capture and sharing of knowledge and by developing leadership
• Designs and facilitates multi-stakeholder meetings and convenes events
• Provides speakers and panelists for thought leadership forums
Asset recovery : We support affected countries in recovering stolen assets through strategic case advice, technical assistance and capacity building, and participate in the international policy dialogue on standard setting in asset recovery. The overarching aim is to strengthen the legal and practical capacities of countries to recover stolen assets and to enhance international cooperation in this field.
Public governance : We offer technical assistance to governments of developing and transition countries in their efforts to prevent corruption and strengthen the quality of their governance systems. This practical approach is supported by the Division’s research into underlying governance failures and the effectiveness of practical remedies thereto, and in particular tools such as social accountability.
Corporate governance and compliance : We provide advice and practical support to corporate clients on the development, implementation and strengthening of internal governance and compliance systems, programmes and policies in line with best practice, risk developments and legal regulations to comply with anti-bribery and anti-money laundering laws and standards.
Collective Action : We work with companies and other concerned stakeholders to develop anti-corruption Collective Action initiatives in a variety of industry sectors. .
YELEAP in partnership with Institute of Classic Entrepreneurs (INCENT) and College of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (COLESBUM) equip teachers and entrepreneurs with tools, workshops, and advice, by consulting, training, and sharing COLESBUM’s pioneering curriculum, so they can empower youth to be entrepreneurial and transformational leaders. .